Milkywire is a new digital platform for impact. We are working to bridge the gap between trusted grassroots organizations who are working to save our planet and individuals and companies who care about our world and want real change to protect and restore our planet. We believe the solution lies in digital tools and infrastructure that make charity smarter, more efficient and more engaging.
Milkywire’s Finance team is a small and efficient team dedicated to the continued growth of Milkywire through financial steering, decision support, operational excellence and compliance. The team is a cornerstone in our overall strategic work of being a trusted platform and partner to the outside world.
We are currently looking for a Business Controller to join us as we continue to grow Milkywire. The right person is a driven problem solver and a thorough self-starter. As a Business Controller, you will lead the work on the financial reporting and develop, implement, automate and quality assure both new and existing financial routines and processes. This is a unique opportunity to build financial reporting structures and processes from the ground up, and play a central role in shaping the path forward for Milkywire.
- Overseeing and managing financial processes
- Assuring the quality of the financial records by monthly reviewing the P&L, budget etc.
- Preparing standalone annual financial reports
- Participating and contributing in tax return preparations
- Participating in improvement initiatives and collaborating with internal stakeholders to design and implement standardized, efficient and compliant accounting processes and controls
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and deliver insights to support decision making
- Build business cases on ad hoc basis
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience within business controlling or another relevant field
- Highly analytical
- Proactive and structured, able to work on several projects at the same time
- Creative, strategic and a conceptual thinker. Able to visualize and realistically implement solutions
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Effective communicator
- Professional fluency in Swedish and in English
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or similar
- Master’s degree or equivalent advanced degree preferred