Milkywire is a startup with a mission to apply technical innovation to the charity sector so that everyone can contribute to direct action. We are building a platform for impact; a place where grassroots organization and potential donors can meet. In our app you can follow and support some of the top change makers, working to make a difference within four of the UN Sustainable Development Goals; 6: water and sanitation, 13: climate action, 14: life below water, and 15: life on land. Download the app for yourself and have a look (iOS or Android).
Milkywire is not a traditional fundraiser. On the one hand, we are building a platform where the digital generation can get engaged in a way that suits them. We raise awareness and educate with Milkywire produced content to empower donors to get engaged, make informed decisions and support Impacters. On the other hand, we enable grassroots organizations to benefit from the endless possibilities that online crowdfunding has to offer. We offer them a platform to exist that works as a stamp of quality whilst simultaneously helping them position themselves and spread their message.
Milkywire’s journey started three years ago, and we’re growing fast. Currently we are about 40 people with a head office in Stockholm.
Team Impact is responsible for finding new organizations and Impacters to populate our platform with. We work with screening of the organizations, reviewing their applications and then monitor and follow up on their work.
We are now looking for an intern that is analytical, structured and has a good ability to work together with colleagues. As an intern, you will be able to get an insight into our team’s work in regards to both the external environment - i.e. finding good organizations working on environmental issues around the world - as well as our internal systems for quality assurance of the work we support.
The focus of the intern will be on assisting with our project management, connected to the organizations we support. The person we are looking for should thus be analytical, organized and with an interest in development, international relations and environmental issues.
Areas of responsibility
We want to be flexible in regards to the internship and we aim to adapt the work tasks to fit the profile of the intern. The following areas are examples of what will be in focus for the internship:
- Learning about and supporting our screening and monitoring processes, including finding/researching partners to work with and screening potential new Impacters.
- Participate in meetings and interviews with partner organisations.
- Assisting in controlling donations and Impacter reporting.
- Getting to know the systems and platforms Milkywire uses and providing support in keeping information updated and relevant.
- Conducting external monitoring on relevant issues.
- Being part of developing Milkywires routines and supporting the cross-team coordination.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Independent and constructive.
- Social and enjoys being part of a team.
- Flexible and able to participate in the work of a fast paced, agile start-up.
- Enrolled in university studying political science, environmental studies, development, finance or equivalent.
- Fluent in Swedish and English (written and spoken), other languages are meritorious.
- Experience from engagement in civil society organisations is a plus.
- International experience, either from travel, study (MFS) or work is a plus.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis.