Milkywire is a new digital platform for impact. We are working to bridge the gap between trusted grassroots organizations who are working to save our planet and individuals and companies who care about our world and want real change to protect and restore our planet.
We believe the solution lies in digital tools and infrastructure that make charity smarter, more efficient and engaging.
We are growing rapidly and are currently looking for a backend developer to join our team. We are looking for a developer with a holistic and product oriented approach combined with an interest to work in a team in close collaboration with product and business people.
Areas of responsibility
- Responsible for building and developing our platform; the web, the app and the underlying infrastructure
- Being involved in the entire development process, making key decisions on everything from the product itself to architecture and technology choices
- Depending on your skills and interest, you will be responsible for integrating our platform with partners, improving the consumer journey through our platform or working tightly with nonprofit organizations in order to make their lives easier
Most important for us is not your formal background or your years of experience. What matters is who you are, what you can do, and what you like to do at Milkywire.
To thrive and be successful in this role, we would like to see the following:
- At least a couple of years of experience working as a software engineer
- A good ability to communicate your ideas to others, as well as the ability to weigh pros and cons of different solutions to problems
- A product oriented approach with a business mindset
- A desire to work in close collaboration with stakeholders and users in a fast paced and agile environment
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- An interest in doing good, especially in topics regarding our planet and environment
- A university degree in computer or systems science, engineering or similar. Alternatively, at least four years of professional development experience.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Swedish is a merit
We work primarily in Typescript, but if your primary experience is in another object-oriented or functional language, we trust your ability to pick it up. It is also a merit, but not a requirement to have previous experience of working with:
- AWS and Docker
- React and/or React Native
What we can offer
We offer a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing tech scale-ups at an early stage. Together with our amazing team by your side, you will be making a positive impact for our planet every day. Besides this, you also get:
- The opportunity to work remotely or flexible remote
- Beneficial pension and insurances
- Green benefit - all employees are given a monthly donation to a cause of their choosing
- We value knowledge sharing and have weekly tech Meetups to discuss current topics of interest or doing fun events like “Code in the Dark”
- Collaborative environment - Developers have a big impact on the product development process, and practices like pair programming are heavily encouraged
- Office located at an attractive address in central Stockholm
Please note that we will only accept applications from candidates within EU/ESS